Grand Water to Wine
Starting at $192 | Combine a float trip with vineyard tour
Our combo inflatable kayak trip down the Verde River plus an afternoon wine tasting tour
A Grand Kayak and Wine Tasting Tour
- This tour combines the two most unique adventures in this high desert oasis.
- Start with our Classic Water to Wine Tour – about an hour and a half float trip on a 2.5-mile scenic stretch of the Verde River with just enough chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers. Your kayak tour ends at the Tuscan farmhouse of the Alcantara Vineyards for your wine tasting delight.
- The second part of your Grand Adventure guides you on a wonderful afternoon of Verde Valley Vineyards. We visit and taste delicious award-winning wines from three beautiful vineyards the Verde Valley.
- About seven hours
- Tours start at 9:30 a.m.
What to Bring
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions
- Change of clothing for after the trip and for your vineyard tasting experience (you will be getting wet)
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, sunhat, sunglasses and strap, sunscreen, plastic bag for phones, camera, and whatever else you need to keep dry
- Water bottles and quick snacks
- I.D. for wine tasting
- Included in the price of your package is a $20 credit for the Alcantara Vineyards, and a delicious charcuterie plate from Javelina Leap Bistro
- While our guests do receive exclusive discounts at each winery, all wine tastings, additional food, and purchases are not part of this package and must be paid for by each participant.
- Everyone consuming wine must be 21+ for wine tastings
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. – Pick up at your hotel, inns, or B&B in Cottonwood and Clarkdale, AZ.
- 10:00 a.m. – Shuttle arrives, meet guide at Alcantara Vineyards, and depart for river
- 10:15 a.m. – Arrive at River Access Point Black Canyon
- 10:30 a.m. – Safety talk and instruction
- 10:45 a.m. – Guided river trip launches
- 12:00 p.m. – River trip arrives at the Alcantara Vineyard and wine tasting begins
- 1:30 p.m. – Depart Alcantara Vineyards
- 2:00 p.m. – Arrive at Oak Creek Vineyards for wine tasting
- 3:30 p.m. – Arrive at Javelina Leap for wine tasting
- 4:30 p.m. – Wine tasting adventure ends and shuttle departs Page Springs area
- 5 p.m. – Shuttle arrives and guests depart