Grand Water to Wine
Starting at $157 | Combine a float trip with wine tasting
Our combo inflatable kayak trip down the Verde River plus an afternoon of wine tasting.
A Grand Kayak and Wine Tasting Tour
- This tour combines the two most unique adventures in this high desert oasis.
- Start with our Classic Water to Wine Tour that includes about an hour and a half river float trip on a 2.5-mile scenic stretch of the Verde River, with just enough chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers, and ends at the Tuscan farmhouse of the Alcantara Vineyards for your wine tasting delight.
- The second part of your Grand Adventure guides you on a wonderful afternoon of Verde Valley Vineyards. We visit and taste yummy award-winning wines from three to four beautiful vineyards the Verde Valley.
- About seven hours
- Tours at 10 a.m.
What to Bring
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions
- Change of clothing for after the trip and for your vineyard tasting experience (you will be getting wet)
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, sunhat, sunglasses and strap, sunscreen, plastic ziplock for phones, camera, and whatever else you need to keep dry
- Water bottles and quick snacks
- I.D. for wine tasting
- With the exception of your $20 credit at the Alcantara Vineyards, all wine tastings, food, and wine purchases are not part of this package and must be paid for by each participant
- Everyone consuming wine must be 21+ for wine tastings
- 10 a.m. – Pick up at the hotels, inns, or B&Bs in Cottonwood and Clarkdale, AZ.
- 10:30 a.m. – Shuttle arrives, meet guide at Alcantara Vineyards, and depart for river
- 11 a.m. – Arrive at River Access Point Black Canyon
- 11:15 a.m. – Safety talk and instruction
- 11:30 a.m. – Guided river trip launches
- 1 p.m. – River trip arrives at the Alcantara Vineyard and wine tasting begins
- 2 p.m. – Depart Alcantara Vineyards
- 2:30 p.m. – Arrive at Page Springs Cellars for wine tasting
- 3:30 p.m. – Arrive at Javelina Leap for wine tasting
- 4:30 p.m. – Wine tasting adventure ends and shuttle departs Page Spring area
- 5 p.m. – Shuttle arrives and guests depart