Verde Adventures offers the highest quality inflatable kayaks for rent in the Verde Valley. We feature Aire Tributary inflatable kayaks, and we also rent other river and camping gear.
Verde Valley Native Archaeology Adventure
Join us on an educational tour of the magical Verde Valley. Our professional guide picks you up anywhere in the Cottonwood and Clarkdale area. We then visit Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot National Monument and learn about the Sinagua people who called the Verde Valley their home.
Your half-day visit includes a tour of:
- Montezuma Castle National Monument – Amazing five-story cliff dwelling built by the Sinagua
- Tuzigoot National Monument – The best-preserved pueblo ruin of the Sinagua people in the Verde Valley
What to Bring
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions and comfortable shoes
- Water bottles and snacks
- Big smiles and laughter
- Entrance fees for both monuments are included.
- Please call for a discount for groups of 10 or more.
- We take walking tours at each location, so comfortable shoes are suggested.
- Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price (recommended $10 per person).
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
- Please note, entrance into the Montezuma Castle itself is not permitted.
Archeology Tour Schedule
- 8:00 a.m. – Professional guide begins pick-ups in Cottonwood and Clarkdale
- 8:30 a.m. – Arrive at Montezuma Castle National Monument
- 9:30 a.m. – Shuttle departs Montezuma Castle for Tuzigoot
- 10:15 a.m. – Arrive at Tuzigoot National Monument for tour
- 11:15 a.m. – Shuttle departs Tuzigood National Monument
- 11:30 a.m. – Shuttle arrives at your accommodations or Old Town Cottonwood parking area
- 12:30 p.m. – (Optional) Shuttle departs for Water to Wine and Verde Valley Vineyard tours
- Want to learn more about the Verde River, the life source of the Verde Valley? Join us on an afternoon kayak and wine adventure. You have plenty of time to enjoy a lunch in Old Town Cottonwood before our Water to Wine shuttle departs.
- Interested in experiencing the budding wine culture of the Verde Valley? Pair your archaeology tour with our Verde Valley Vineyard Tour and spend the afternoon tasting wines at three local vineyards.