Frequently Asked Questions
No, please bring whatever food you need. We recommend bringing snacks and plenty of water for the half-day trips.
You will see red rocks on your way out of town as well as mountain chains and fabulous Verde Valley sights, but not along the river.
The geology along the river is limestone hills, with numerous caves used by prehistoric cultures, as well as gorgeous mountain views. There is an abundance of beautiful sycamore, cottonwood, and willow trees as well as riverside reeds, cattails, grasses, and flowers.
Yes! Text 928-239-7892 and chat with a representative about available discounts that are periodically offered for families and for groups of 10 or more persons. Also, if you book two or more tours, you receive a 10% discount.
Each trip meets at a different location throughout the Verde Valley. Please check out the link for directions on the trip you are interested in.
We recommend 15% of the rack rate. The shuttle drivers and guides have a wealth of information and work hard behind the scenes to ensure your Verde River adventures are fun, safe, and memorable.
Because of the ducky kayak’s stability, it is the exception rather than the rule for someone to have to swim. Life jackets are supplied and required, and helmets are optional.
You can stand up in much of the river and, of course, on guided trips your guide is always nearby to assist you. In fact, we have had many non-swimmers go on our trips, albeit with some trepidation, only to come back smiling and glad that they went!
No! Most of the year, this is a fun river float trip well-suited to beginners and children. The Verde River is more of a big creek than a river. Depending on the trip you choose, you encounter about 6 to 12 sporty little chutes and small rapids. There is no white water.
Absolutely. Our river trips are great for families. Even grandma and grandpa can go! On guided river trips, children 3 – 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent in a tandem ducky kayak.
Bring your sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, lip balm, water bottle, and a change of clothes (if you so desire). Depending on the season, you may want to layer your clothing and wear quick-drying fabrics. If you have water shoes, you can wear them.
This is an adventure, and we go rain or shine unless the conditions make it unsafe.
We recommend using restrooms prior to departure for the river. There are Forest Service restrooms at all our meeting locations.
River trips do require the ability to paddle and get in and out of your boat. Some weight restrictions may apply.
We do not recommend this trip for pregnant women, people with back, shoulder, or knee issues, or people who have trouble sitting for a couple of hours.
Please read carefully…
- Full payment is required at the time of reservation.
- Groups 10+: A minimum 50% deposit is due at time of reservation. Payment in full is due seven days prior to departure.
- Listed prices do not include applicable sales tax, Forest Service land use, reservation fees, or guide gratuities.
- Trips depart RAIN OR SHINE! If it rains, you get more water for your money. If we cancel any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided. Please notify us by text at 928-239-7892 or phone at (877) 673-3661 or (928)204-6440 if you need to cancel or reschedule. Refund amounts vary according to the cancellation timeframe. See the following list for details.
- Policy for all Trips:
- We can’t predict the future so we make it easy for everyone to change plans!
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of departure.
- Cancellations prior to 48 hours before departure are subject to a $10 per person fee.
- Full payment is required at the time of reservation. Listed prices do not include applicable sales tax, fees, or guide gratuities.
- We reserve the right to cancel any departure if we have insufficient reservations. We do all we can to reschedule or accommodate guests reserved on any departure with insufficient reservations.
- The minimum age for boating and all tours is 3 years old.
- On ducky kayak trips, children under 8 must ride in a tandem kayak with an adult.
- Wine tours are not recommended for children.
- Outdoor activities in the natural world have inherent risks, and all participants are required to sign a Release and Acknowledgement of Risk form before their tour.
- Most of our trips are conducted in wilderness settings outside of cell phone coverage areas and hours from outside help. Therefore, appropriate caution should be exercised.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages before or during guided tours is prohibited and will prevent your participation in your activity (with the exception of the vineyard portions of our wine tours.)