Combine the fun of a float trip down the Verde River with wine tasting at the Alcantara Vineyards to get the best of both worlds!
Wine Tasting Tour of the Verde Valley
There is no better way to learn about the wines of the Verde Valley than on a guided tour of our finest vineyards. Our personalized vineyard tours pick you up anywhere in the Cottonwood and Clarkdale areas. You then learn about the local history, geology, and other factors that make the Verde Valley such a popular destination for wine lovers and foodies.
We visit the following vineyards:
- Alcantara Vineyards – Tuscan-themed winery at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River
- Javelina Leap – Premium boutique winery with 100% Arizona wines
- Oak Creek Vineyards & Winery – Beautiful 10-acre high desert vineyard producing a broad range of fine handcrafted wines since 2002
What to Bring
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure!
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions and comfortable shoes
- ID for wine tasting
- Participants must be 21+ for wine tastings and have a photo ID.
- Please call for a group discount of 10 or more.
- This tour is not recommended for children
- Included in the price are snacks and bottled water, as well as a charcuterie plate for two from the Javelina Leap Bistro.
- Although we do receive exclusive discounts at selected vineyards, wine tasting fees are not included in order to allow guests to enjoy their own choice of flights or glasses of wine. Fees for wine tasting range from $5 to $15.
- Gratuities (recommended $10 per person) are not included in the price.
- Additional food is available for purchase at each vineyard.
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
- 11:30 a.m. – Professional guide begins pick-ups in Cottonwood & Clarkdale
- 12 p.m. – Arrive at Alcantara Vineyards for wine tasting
- 1:30 p.m. – Arrive at Javelina Leap Vineyards for wine tasting and the Bistro’s charcuterie plate
- 3:00 p.m. – Arrive at Oak Creek Vineyards for wine tastings
- 4:00 p.m. – Wine tasting adventure ends and shuttle departs Page Springs area
- 4:30 p.m. – Shuttle arrives at your accommodations or parking area and guests depart