Combine the fun of a float trip down the Verde River with a wine tasting at the Alcantara Vineyards to get the best of two worlds!
A Grand Kayak and Wine Tasting Tour
Blend the fun and adventure of an inflatable kayak trip down the Verde River with an afternoon of wine tasting at the award-winning vineyards of the Verde Valley. This tour combines the two most unique adventures in this high desert oasis.
- Start with our Classic Water to Wine Tour — an hour and a half float trip on a 2.5-mile scenic stretch of the Verde River with just enough chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers. Your kayak tour ends at the Tuscan farmhouse of the Alcantara Vineyards for your wine tasting delight.
- The second part of your grand adventure takes you on a wonderful afternoon of Verde Valley vineyards. We visit and taste delicious award-winning wines from three beautiful vineyards in the area.
What to Bring
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure!
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions of the day
- Change of clothing — you have a chance to change between the river trip and your vineyard tasting experience (you might get wet on the kayak).
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, sunhat, sunglasses and strap, sunscreen, and plastic bag for phones, camera, and whatever else you need to keep dry
- Water bottles and quick snacks
- ID for wine tasting
- Included in the price of your package is a $20 credit for the Alcantara Vineyards and a delicious charcuterie plate from Javelina Leap Bistro.
- While our guests do receive exclusive discounts at each winery, all wine tastings, additional food, and purchases are not part of this package and must be paid for by each participant.
- Everyone consuming wine must be 21 and older.
- 9:15 – 9:30 a.m. – Pick-up at your hotel, inn, or B&B in Cottonwood or Clarkdale, AZ
- 10:00 a.m. – Shuttle arrives — meet the guide at Alcantara Vineyards and depart for the river
- 10:15 a.m. – Arrive at river access point Black Canyon
- 10:30 a.m. – Safety talk and instruction
- 10:45 a.m. – Guided river trip launches
- 12:00 p.m. – River trip arrives at the Alcantara Vineyard and wine tasting begins
- 1:30 p.m. – Depart Alcantara Vineyards
- 2:00 p.m. – Arrive at Oak Creek Vineyards for wine tasting
- 3:30 p.m. – Arrive at Javelina Leap for wine tasting
- 4:30 p.m. – Wine tasting adventure ends and shuttle departs from the Page Springs area
- 5 p.m. – Shuttle arrives and guests depart