Took a 2 hour water to wine tour which turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip to Sedona. Would highly recommend it
Verde Valley Wine Tasting
Exclusive Arizona Experience
Outdoor Wine Tasting & Stand-Up Paddleboarding on the Verde River
Bring big smiles and laughter – this is going to be a fun adventure as you go from paddle to vine! The Verde River Valley is the perfect scenic destination for anyone looking to experience paddleboarding and partake in wine tasting in one epic day out. The Stand-Up Paddleboard tour will give you a fantastic, relaxing experience great for beginners, as it is a flat water float trip without any rapids. So come and paddle down the magical Verde River before we smoothly transfer you to the Alcantara Vineyard to complete your special day with an outdoor wine tasting.
Relax in your easy-to-use paddleboard as you float down the Verde River
Indulge yourself in an awesome wine tasting experience, served at your party’s private table of choice in the vineyard
Marvel at the scenic views throughout the river and vineyard
Savor the delicious food at Alcantara which pairs perfectly with the wine and expresses the unique flavor and character of the landscape
- Weekday: $124.00
- Weekend: $129.00
10:00 a.m, 12:00 p.m, & 2:00 p.m.
This tour will begin again Memorial Day Weekend 2023
Please note, participants must be 21+ for wine tastings and at 13 or older for the activity. Everyone will have a $20 wine and food credit built-in to our price for use at the Alcantara Vineyards.
First, your Paddle to Vines Experience begins with meeting your awesome professional shuttle guide outdoors at the Alcantara Vineyards. The shuttle guide will then provide you with safety and paddling instructions. Where you park at the Alcantara Vineyards is just about 100 yards down to the beach where your safety orientation and the trip will begin and end so when your Paddle to Vine experience is over your vehicle is there waiting for you.
Next, your small intimate party then paddles on a gorgeous floating scenic stretch of the Verde River with just enough current to take you floating downstream while making the upstream paddle motivating without ruffling any feathers.
Lastly, your river trip ends on a sandy beach. You will see a visible sign marking the end of the river experience underneath the shade of giant cottonwood trees at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River. Here, you take the path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at Alcantara Vineyards for your outdoor wine tasting delight, which can last as long as you like. No hurries, no worries.
What to Bring:
- Reusable water bottles, as we can not provide or sell any plastic water bottles for use on public land. We do have filtered water for refilling.
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure!
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions on the day of your tour.
- Change of clothing for after the river trip (you might be getting wet!).
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, a sunhat, sunglasses with straps, sunscreen, and a plastic bag for phones, cameras, and whatever else you need to keep dry.
- ID for wine tasting.
What to Know:
- No outside food is to be brought into the wine tasting area!
- The Paddle to Vine experience you are looking at is a combination of two companies. We at Verde Adventures book the trip and provide the logistics for the entire Verde River experience.
- Our partner, Alcantara Vineyards, is the vineyard where your river trip ends and your wine tasting begins.
- At the request of Alcantara, the price is the same for adults, children, and those not participating in the wine tasting; this is part of their land use fee for using their private beach as a river access point. Everyone gets a $20 credit to use at the winery for food, wine, or gifts.
- We thoroughly clean and disinfect all our equipment after each use.
- Everyone’s safety is our greatest concern and we adhere to any social distancing measures in place.
People Love Adventuring With Us
Easy to find and beautiful Alcantara vineyard. Kayak tour well organized and easy river/creek. Nice sweet chill way to spend a weekend.
2 girlfriends and I wanted to do something different to celebrate turning 40. The water to wine tour was perfect. The weather was perfect, scenery beautiful. The tour was well organized and our tour guides were great.