Took a 2 hour water to wine tour which turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip to Sedona. Would highly recommend it
Verde Valley Wine Tasting
Exclusive Arizona Experience
Fun Biking & Kayaking
Outdoor Wine Tasting with an e-Bike Vineyard Tour & Kayaking on the Verde River
Combine three of Sedona’s most popular activities into one amazing tour! Enjoy award-winning wine, a relaxing ride on a comfortable e-Bike, and cool off with a paddle down the Verde River. Take in some of the most beautiful scenery that Sedona and the Verde Valley have to offer, and savor Alcantara Vineyards’ best wine.
Relax in your easy-to-use inflatable kayak as you float down the Verde River
Indulge yourself in an awesome wine tasting experience, served at your party’s private table of choice in the vineyard
Marvel at the scenic views throughout the river and vineyard
Savor the delicious food at Alcantara which pairs perfectly with the wine and expresses the unique flavor and character of the landscape
Breeze through the vineyard tour on a comfortable e-Bike
- Weekday: $159.00
- Weekend: $169.00
9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
Available Year Round
4 people minimum. Trips with less than 4 participants are subject to no-cost rescheduling.
Please note, participants must be 21+ for wine tastings and at 13 or older for the activity. Everyone will have a $20 wine and food credit built-in to our price for use at the Alcantara Vineyards.
Start your day off with a guided 1.5-hour ride around the award-winning Alcantara Vineyards on a comfortable e-Bike. Our knowledgeable tour guide will share a deep understanding of the Alcantara Vineyard, Verde valley, and Verde River history and the romantic vine-to-bottle process. Tours are led at a casual pace. The emphasis is on enjoying the scenery and discovering the beautiful and precious Verde river Alcantara Vineyards and enjoying the almost effortless scenic e-bike ride through the vineyard and the special scenery of the Sedona and the Verde Valley.
About your e-Bike: Casual bikers will appreciate that longer distances and hills are no sweat on an electric bike. And experienced riders who are hoping to get some exercise can opt to turn the pedal-assist level down or completely off for more of a workout.
After you’ve dusted off, it’s time to cool down on the Verde River! Guests can choose an individual or tandem kayak and enjoy a 2.5-hour self-guided float down the Verde River. Our incredibly stable and safe inflatable kayaks are the perfect way to take in the natural beauty of one of the most important rivers in Arizona.
Your river trip ends on a sandy beach underneath the shade of giant cottonwood trees at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River. Here, you take the path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at Alcantara Vineyards for your outdoor wine tasting delight, which can last about an hour and a half (or longer if you want to stay)!
What to Bring:
- Reusable water bottles, as we can not provide or sell any plastic water bottles for use on public land. We do have filtered water for refilling.
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure!
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions on the day of your tour.
- Change of clothing for after the river trip (you might be getting wet!).
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, a sunhat, sunglasses with straps, sunscreen, and a plastic bag for phones, cameras, and whatever else you need to keep dry.
- ID for wine tasting.
What to Know:
- No outside food is to be brought into the wine tasting area!
- The Pedal + Paddle to Vine experience you are looking at is a combination of two companies. We at Verde Adventures book the trip and provide the logistics for the entire Verde River experience.
- Our partner, Alcantara Vineyards, is the vineyard where your river trip ends and your wine tasting begins.
- At the request of Alcantara, the price is the same for adults, children, and those not participating in the wine tasting; this is part of their land use fee for using their private beach as a river access point. Everyone gets a $20 credit to use at the winery for food, wine, or gifts.
- We thoroughly clean and disinfect all our equipment after each use.
- Everyone’s safety is our greatest concern and we adhere to any social distancing measures in place.
People Love Adventuring With Us
Easy to find and beautiful Alcantara vineyard. Kayak tour well organized and easy river/creek. Nice sweet chill way to spend a weekend.
2 girlfriends and I wanted to do something different to celebrate turning 40. The water to wine tour was perfect. The weather was perfect, scenery beautiful. The tour was well organized and our tour guides were great.