Took a 2 hour water to wine tour which turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip to Sedona. Would highly recommend it
Verde Valley Wine Tasting
Exclusive Arizona Experience
Outdoor Wine Tasting & Guided E-Bike Vineyard Tour
Electric bikes level the playing field for groups of mixed fitness levels! The Verde River Valley is the perfect scenic destination for anyone looking to experience e-biking and partake in wine tasting in one epic day out. Using the e-bikes, we’ll take the scenic route through the vineyard where your expert wine tour guide will also teach you about local history, geology, as well as the flora and fauna. Casual bikers will appreciate that longer distances and hills are no sweat on an electric bike, and experienced riders who are hoping to get some exercise can opt to turn the pedal-assist level down or completely off for more of a workout. So come and take a memorable trip through the Alcantara Vineyard and complete your day with an amazing outdoor wine tasting!
Easy to use E-Bikes make a great experience for all fitness levels
Go farther than we could on traditional bikes for more fun
Indulge yourself in an awesome wine tasting experience, served at your party’s private table of choice in the vineyard
Marvel at the scenic views throughout the vineyard
Savor the delicious food at Alcantara which pairs perfectly with the wine and expresses the unique flavor and character of the landscape
- Sunday – Thursday: $79.00
- Friday & Saturday: $82.50
9:00 am & 11:00 am
Available Year Round
4 people minimum. Trips with less than 4 participants are subject to no-cost rescheduling.
Please note, participants must be 21+ for wine tastings and at 13 or older for the activity. Everyone will have a $20 wine and food credit built-in to our price for use at the Alcantara Vineyards.
First, your Pedal to Wine Experience begins with meeting your awesome professional shuttle guide outdoors at the Alcantara Vineyards. Where you park at the Alcantara Vineyards is close to the Verde Adventure store and check-in. Your guide will provide you with a safety orientation and the trip will begin and end at the store so when your Pedal to Wine ends your vehicle is there waiting for you and your wine tasting or your next adventure.
Next, your small, intimate party pedal glides on your e-bikes through the vineyard where outstanding Sedona, Jerome, and Verde Valley vistas will inspire you. Make various stops as you are guided through the vineyard while learning about trellising, irrigation, varietals, and the philosophy of growing grapes. The tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours, depending on the number of guests and questions asked.
Your Pedal to Wine experience ends at our store, which is located under towering cottonwood trees at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River. Here, your car is parked and you can take time to shower up. After, take the path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at Alcantara Vineyards for your outdoor wine tasting delight, which can last as long as you like. No hurries, no worries.
What to Bring:
- Reusable water bottles, as we can not provide or sell any plastic water bottles for use on public land. We do have filtered water for refilling.
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure!
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions on the day of your tour.
- Change of clothing for after the river trip (you might be getting wet!).
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, a sunhat, sunglasses with straps, sunscreen, and a plastic bag for phones, cameras, and whatever else you need to keep dry.
- ID for wine tasting.
What to Know:
- No outside food is to be brought into the wine tasting area!
- The Pedal to Wine experience is a collaboration between two companies. We at Verde Adventures book the trip and provide the logistics for the entire Verde River experience.
- Our partner, Alcantara Vineyards, is the vineyard where your river trip ends and your wine tasting begins.
- At the request of Alcantara, the price is the same for adults, children, and those not participating in the wine tasting; this is part of their land use fee for using their private beach as a river access point. Everyone gets a $20 credit to use at the winery for food, wine, or gifts.
- We thoroughly clean and disinfect all our equipment after each use.
- Everyone’s safety is our greatest concern and we adhere to any social distancing measures in place.
People Love Adventuring With Us
Easy to find and beautiful Alcantara vineyard. Kayak tour well organized and easy river/creek. Nice sweet chill way to spend a weekend.
2 girlfriends and I wanted to do something different to celebrate turning 40. The water to wine tour was perfect. The weather was perfect, scenery beautiful. The tour was well organized and our tour guides were great.