Classic Water to Wine
Starting at $97.25 | Combine a float trip with wine tasting
Combine the fun of a float trip down the Verde River with wine tasting at the Alcantara Vineyards!
Verde River Kayak Tour and Wine Tasting
Please note, participants must be 21+ for wine tastings
- The Classic Water to Wine tour begins with approximately an hour and a half ducky kayak trip on a scenic stretch of the Verde River with just enough chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers
- Your river trip ends in the shade of giant Cottonwood trees at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River. Here, you take the gravel path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at Alcantara Vineyards for your wine tasting delight
- The Alcantara Vineyards is a favorite on the Verde Valley Wine Trail, featuring award-winning wines and friendly sommeliers to guide you through the tasting.
- The Classic Water to Wine Tour features great photo ops, fabulous scenery, abundant wildlife, and excellent wine. The tour even includes a credit for purchasing wine or gift shop mementos!
- Directions to our meeting location at the Alcantara Vineyard.
- About two to two and a half hours: one to one and a half hours on the river + up to an hour and a half of wine tasting (or longer if you want to stay!)
- Tours at 10:00 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Busy weekends we also have trips available at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
What to Bring
- Reusable water bottle, as we can not provide or sell any plastic water bottles for use on public land. We do have filtered water for refilling
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions
- Change of clothing for after the trip (you might be getting wet)
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, sunhat, sunglasses with strap, sunscreen, and a plastic ziplock for phones, camera, and whatever else you need to keep dry
- Quick snacks
- I.D. for wine tasting