Kayak down the Wild and Scenic Verde River as your guide educates and entertains you with stories of the mighty Río Verde on your river trip!
Kayak Arizona’s Wild and Scenic Verde River
This tour will be closed for the winter starting Monday, October 28, 2019, and will reopen Monday, March 2, 2020
Have a blast on a half-day self-guided Wild and Scenic river trip! No experience is necessary for this morning or afternoon fun and scenic 2.5 to 3 hour float trip. Your shuttle guide will provide you with all the nessary instruction and transportation.
- Meet your awesome professional shuttle guide at the river. They provide you with transportation, safety, and paddling instructions.
- Our meet-up location parking area is where your inflatable kayak adventure ends, so when your trip is over, your vehicle is there waiting for you.
- We provide single or tandem inflatable kayaks that are comfortable, unbelievably stable, easy to paddle, and just plain fun for everyone.
- Also included is a PFD, paddle, and a 15-minute shuttle ride to the river access point where your adventure begins.
- The Verde River is one of the only two rivers in Arizona classified as Wild and Scenic, and your enjoyable float trip is about 5 miles.
- Directions to our meeting location at Beasley Flats River Access Point
What to Bring
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions
- Change of clothing for after the trip (expect to get wet), which you can leave in your vehicle
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, sunhat, sunglasses and strap, sunscreen, plastic ziplock for phones, camera, and whatever else you need to keep dry
- Water bottle and quick snacks
Guidelines & Requirements
- No experience is necessary, but participants should be reasonably physically fit and prepared to get wet.
- All participants paddle and carry their own boats and gear.
- Your shuttle guide assists you with basic paddling techniques and river and water conditions.
- We provide all the gear you need.