Have a blast on a half-day self-guided Wild and Scenic river trip! No experience is necessary for this morning or afternoon fun and scenic 2.5 to 3-hour float trip.
- Weekday - $20 Wine Tasting Credit added at checkout *Price will vary based upon availability
- Weekend - $20 Wine Tasting Credit added at checkout *Price will vary based upon availability
Verde River Exclusive Kayak Experience and Wine Tasting
A World-Class Adult Experience
Combine the fun of a small, intimate, private party of 2-10 people only with a self-guided float trip down the Verde River. Afterward, enjoy an outdoor wine tasting at the Alcantara Vineyards and experience the best of both worlds!
- Small-scale, private, exclusive trips of 2-10 people, departing on the hour from 10 a.m. through 1 p.m. (Saturday has a 2 p.m. start time).
- Social distancing is easy to maintain on this self-guided, outdoor adventure.
- Everyone enjoys their own private, safe, stable, and easy-to-use inflatable kayak.
- This is an unguided, private, exclusive Verde River experience.
- We meet you at the Alcantara Vineyards in an open-air environment you do not come to an office or any enclosed area.
- Your wine tasting experience will be provided at your party’s private table of your choice, spaced at scenic areas throughout the vineyard in accordance with social distancing.
- We thoroughly clean and disinfect all our equipment after each use.
- Everyone’s safety is our greatest concern
Please note, participants must be 21+ for wine tastings, and all participants, regardless of age or nonalcohol participation, receive the $20 credit paid for with the booking!
If you need additional seats opened up for the experience you have chosen, please let us know and we can open up additional seats to provide you with up to 10 seats for just your private group.
How your exclusive Water to Wine Experience works:
- The Water to Wine Experience begins with meeting your awesome professional shuttle-guide OUTDOORS at the Alcantara Vineyards.
- Your shuttle guide provides small, private parties with exclusive transportation, safety, and paddling instructions.
- The Alcantara Vineyard is where your self-guided inflatable kayak river experience ends, so when your Verde river trip and wine tasting experience is over, your vehicle is there waiting for you.
- Your small intimate party ducky kayaks on a gorgeous floating scenic stretch of the Verde River with just enough baby chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers.
- Your river trip ends on a sandy beach with a visible sign marking the end of the river experience underneath the shade of giant cottonwood trees at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River. Here, you take the path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at Alcantara Vineyards for your outdoor wine tasting delight, which can last about an hour and a half (or longer if you want to stay!)
- The Water to Wine experience you are looking at is a combination of two companies. We at Verde Adventures book the trip and provide the logistics for the entire Verde River experience. Our partner, Alcantara Vineyards, is the vineyard where your river trip ends and your wine tasting begins.
- At the request of Alcantara, the price is the same for adults, children, and those not participating in the wine tasting; this is part of their land use fee for using their private beach as a river access point. Everyone gets a $20 credit to use at the winery for food, wine, or gifts
- Directions to our meeting location at the Alcantara Vineyard
- Reusable water bottles, as we can not provide or sell any plastic water bottles for use on public land. We do have filtered water for refilling.
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure!
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions on the day of your tour.
- Change of clothing for after the river trip (you might be getting wet!)
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, sunhat, sunglasses with straps, sunscreen, and a plastic bag for phones, cameras, and whatever else you need to keep dry.
- ID for wine tasting.
- No outside food is to be brought into the wine tasting area!
- Alcantara has created delicious food that pairs perfectly with the wine and expresses the unique flavor and character of the landscape.