Have a blast on a half-day self-guided Wild and Scenic river trip! No experience is necessary for this morning or afternoon fun and scenic 2.5 to 3-hour float trip.
- Weekday - $20 Wine Tasting Credit added at checkout
- Weekend - $20 Wine Tasting Credit added at checkout
Verde River Exclusive Private Kayak Experience and Wine Tasting
A World-Class Experience
Combine the fun of a small intimate private party of 2-10 people only with a self-guided float trip down the Verde River with outdoor wine tasting at the Alcantara Vineyards and experience the best of both worlds!
- Small-scale private, exclusive trips of 2-10 people departing on the hour starting at 10 a.m. through 1 p.m. (Saturday has a 2 p.m.)
- Social distancing is easy to maintain and a natural element with this self-guided exclusive adventure.
- Everyone enjoys their own private, safe, stable and easy to use an inflatable kayak
- This is an unguided private, exclusive Verde River experience
- We meet you at the Alcantara Vineyards in an open-air environment you do not come to an office or any enclosed area.
- Your wine tasting experience will be provided at your party’s private table of your choice socially spaced at scenic areas throughout the vineyard.
- We thoroughly clean and disinfect all our equipment after each use.
- Everyone’s safety is our greatest concern
Please note, participants must be 21+ for wine tastings.
If you need additional seats opened up for the experience you have chosen, please let us know and we can open up additional seats to provide you with up to 10 seats for just your private group.
How your exclusive private party self-guided Water to Wine Experience works:
- The Water to Wine experience begins with meeting your awesome professional shuttle-guide OUTDOORS at the Alcantara Vineyards.
- Your shuttle-guide provides small private parties (up to 10) with exclusive transportation, safety, and paddling instructions.
- The Alcantara Vineyard is where your self-guided inflatable kayak river experience ends, so when your Verde river trip and wine tasting experience is over, your vehicle is there waiting for you.
- Your small intimate party ducky kayaks on a gorgeous floating scenic stretch of the Verde River with just enough baby chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers.
- Your river trip ends on a sandy beach with a visible sign marking the end of river experience underneath the shade of giant cottonwood trees at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River. Here, you take the path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at Alcantara Vineyards for your outdoor wine tasting delight, which can last about an hour and a half (or longer if you want to stay!)
- Directions to our meeting location at the Alcantara Vineyard
What to Bring
- Reusable water bottle, as we can not provide or sell any plastic water bottles for use on public land. We do have filtered water for refilling.
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure!
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions on the day of your tour.
- Change of clothing for after the river trip (you might be getting wet!)
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, sunhat, sunglasses with strap, sunscreen, and a plastic bag for phones, camera, and whatever else you need to keep dry.
- ID for wine tasting.
- No outside food is to be brought into the wine tasting area!
- Alcantara has created delicious food that pairs perfectly with the wine and expresses the unique flavor and character of the landscape.