Took a 2 hour water to wine tour which turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip to Sedona. Would highly recommend it
Verde Valley Wine Tasting
Exclusive Arizona Experience
Outdoor Wine Tasting & Kayaking on the Verde River
Bring big smiles and laughter – this is going to be a fun adventure as you go from water to wine! The Verde River Valley is the perfect scenic destination for anyone looking to experience kayaking and partake in wine tasting in one epic day out. So come and take a memorable trip down the magical Verde River in an inflatable kayak before we smoothly transfer you to the Alcantara Vineyard to complete your special day.
Relax in your easy-to-use inflatable kayak as you float down the Verde River
Indulge yourself in an awesome wine tasting experience, served at your party’s private table of choice in the vineyard
Marvel at the scenic views throughout the river and vineyard
Savor the delicious food at Alcantara which pairs perfectly with the wine and expresses the unique flavor and character of the landscape
- Weekday: $113.86
- Weekend: $125.53
9:00 a.m, 10:00 a.m, 11:00 a.m, 12:00 p.m, 1:00 p.m, & 2:00 p.m.
7 days a week until November 27, 2022
4 people minimum. Trips with less than 4 participants are subject to no-cost rescheduling.
Please note, participants must be 21+ for wine tastings
First, your Water to Wine Experience begins with meeting your awesome professional shuttle guide at the Alcantara Vineyards. The shuttle guide will then provide you with safety and paddling instructions.
Next, your small intimate party then hops in kayaks on a gorgeous floating scenic stretch of the Verde River. It has just enough baby chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers.
Lastly, your river trip ends on a sandy beach. You will see a visible sign marking the end of the river experience underneath the shade of giant cottonwood trees at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River. Here, you take the path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at Alcantara Vineyards for your outdoor wine tasting delight, which can last about an hour and a half (or longer if you want to stay!).
What to Bring:
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions on the day of your tour.
- Change of clothing for after the river trip (you might be getting wet!).
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, a sunhat, sunglasses with straps, sunscreen, and a plastic bag for phones, cameras, and whatever else you need to keep dry.
- ID for wine tasting.
What to Know:
- No outside food is to be brought into the wine tasting area!
- The Water to Wine experience is a collaboration between two companies. We at Verde Adventures book the trip and provide the logistics for the entire Verde River experience.
- Our partner, Alcantara Vineyards, is the vineyard where your river trip ends and your wine tasting begins.
- At the request of Alcantara, the price is the same for adults, children, and those not participating in the wine tasting; this is part of their land use fee for using their private beach as a river access point. Everyone gets a $20 credit to use at the winery for food, wine, or gifts.
- We thoroughly clean and disinfect all our equipment after each use.
- Everyone’s safety is our greatest concern and we adhere to any social distancing measures in place.
People Love Adventuring With Us
Easy to find and beautiful Alcantara vineyard. Kayak tour well organized and easy river/creek. Nice sweet chill way to spend a weekend.
2 girlfriends and I wanted to do something different to celebrate turning 40. The water to wine tour was perfect. The weather was perfect, scenery beautiful. The tour was well organized and our tour guides were great.