Took a 2 hour water to wine tour which turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip to Sedona. Would highly recommend it
Verde Valley Wine Tasting
Exclusive Arizona Experience
Guided Yoga Instruction on Paddle Boards Instructors provided by Down Dog Sedona
OUTDOOR WINE TASTING & YOGA ON STAND-UP PADDLEBOARDING ON THE VERDE RIVER
Bring big smiles and laughter – this is going to be a fun adventure with our partners from Down Dog Sedona as you go from paddleboard yoga to vine! The Verde River Valley is the perfect scenic destination for anyone looking to experience paddleboard yoga and partake in wine tasting in one epic half-day adventure. Stand-up paddleboard yoga will give you a fantastic, relaxing, and fun experience, great for beginners and experienced paddleboard yogis alike as it is a flat water experience in the calm pools along the gorgeous beach at Alcantara along the Verde River. So come and paddle the magical Verde River before we smoothly transfer you to the Alcantara Vineyard to complete your special day with an outdoor wine tasting.
Relax in your easy-to-use paddleboard as you paddle along the calm pools and beaches of the Verde River.
Guided paddleboard yoga instruction is provided by our partners from Down Dog Sedona.
Indulge yourself in an awesome wine tasting experience, served at your party’s private table of choice in the vineyard
Marvel at the scenic views throughout the river and vineyard
Savor the delicious food at Alcantara which pairs perfectly with the wine and expresses the unique flavor and character of the landscape
- Weekday & Weekend: $125.00
11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.
Saturdays from Spring to Fall
1 to 1.5 hours
Please note, participants must be 21+ for wine tastings and 13 or older for the activity. Everyone will have a $20 wine and food credit built-in to our price for use at the Alcantara Vineyards.
First, your Paddle Board Yoga to Vines Experience begins with meeting your awesome professional shuttle guide outdoors at the Alcantara Vineyards. The beach where we depart is only about 100 yards away from where you parked. At the beach, your guides will go over safety orientation and paddle board instructions.
Next, your small intimate party then paddles along on a gorgeous floating scenic stretch of the Verde River at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River where your yoga instructor will stop and guide you through approximately one hour of yoga on your paddle board.
After yoga, return to the beach where the paddleboards will be put away, and you will have access to open-air showers to freshen up. Then take the path up through the vineyard to the Tuscan farmhouse at Alcantara Vineyards for your outdoor wine-tasting delight, which can last as long as you like. No hurries, no worries.
What to Bring:
- Reusable water bottles, as we can not provide or sell any plastic water bottles for use on public land. We do have filtered water for refilling.
- Big smiles and laughter — it’s going to be a fun adventure!
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions on the day of your tour.
- Change of clothing for after the river trip (you might be getting wet!).
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet, a sunhat, sunglasses with straps, sunscreen, and a plastic bag for phones, cameras, and whatever else you need to keep dry.
- ID for wine tasting.
What to Know:
- Parking in one location at the Alcantara Vineyards for the entire experience. (Never have to move again)
- Restrooms for changing
- Showers for after your adventure
- Check-in for your Paddle Board Yoga experience
- Wine tasting experience
- No outside food is to be brought into the wine-tasting area!
- The Paddle to Vine experience you are looking at is a combination of three companies. We at Verde Adventures book the trip and provide the logistics for the entire Verde River experience.
- Our partner, Alcantara Vineyards, is the vineyard where your river trip ends and your wine tasting begins.
- Our yoga partners Down Dog Sedona provide the paddleboard and yoga instructions.
- At the request of Alcantara, the price is the same for adults, children, and those not participating in the wine tasting; this is part of their land use fee for using their private beach as a river access point. Everyone gets a $20 credit to use at the winery for food, wine, or gifts.
- We thoroughly clean and disinfect all our equipment after each use.
- Everyone’s safety is our greatest concern and we adhere to any social distancing measures in place.
People Love Adventuring With Us
Easy to find and beautiful Alcantara vineyard. Kayak tour well organized and easy river/creek. Nice sweet chill way to spend a weekend.
2 girlfriends and I wanted to do something different to celebrate turning 40. The water to wine tour was perfect. The weather was perfect, scenery beautiful. The tour was well organized and our tour guides were great.